You are about to use an FieldEdge SGC500 to connect your assets with the Netilion platform. Some prerequisites have to be considered before this step. We have gathered them for you in this article.
Please note that SGC500 provides Netilion connectivity on different hardware:
- SGC500 - AA
- SGC500 - AB
CE and FCC certificates are granted for the FieldEdge SGC500 - AA.
CE, FCC and ul Listed are granted for the FieldEdge SGC500 - AB.
Please check if the regulations of your destination country are covered.
The FieldEdge is typically mounted on a DIN Rail in a control cabinet.
Stable 24 Volt DC power supply is required.
Dimensions FieldEdge SGC500 - AA
Dimensions FieldEdge SGC500 - AB
15 mm space between the FieldEdge SGC500 and other components on the DIN Rail are recommended.
Network conditions for internet access
The network connected to the LAN1 (WAN) port of the FieldEdge SGC500 must have unrestricted outbound https (port 443) access to
https://api.netilion.endress.com and https://downloads.netilion.endress.com
Configuration of an FieldEdge SGC500 must be done with the local configuration access in following cases:
- if a fix IP address is needed for the FieldEdge
- if a proxy must be configured
Note: If proxy authentication is required, authentication information must be configured in the FieldEdge SGC500.
LAN2 (LAN) must have access to the field gateways in the field-network.
Note: SGC500 - AB: LAN2 (Field LAN) is connected to LAN port 3.
If LAN1 (WAN) and LAN2 (Field LAN) are physically in different networks, they must also be in different sub-networks. As an example:
- Supported: LAN1 = WAN = 192.168.0.10/24 and LAN2 = 192.168.1.20/24
- NOT supported: WAN=192.168.0.10/24 and LAN=192.168.0.20/24
We recommend to separate networks with LAN1 (WAN) and LAN2 (LAN) ports as described above. In case there is only one network to connect to the cloud and to the field, LAN1 port must be used.
Note: Plant firewall settings must block unauthorized calls from the internet to the field and allow unlimited https access to https://*.netilion.endress.com or https://api.netilion.endress.com and https://downloads.netilion.endress.com.
Note: EtherNet/IP connectivity is not supported in this scenario using LAN1 only.
Supported Field Connectivity
The current FieldEdge SGC500 version can connect to EtherNet/IP networks and to Field Gateways.
Please ensure you are using supported Field Gateways for HART or PROFIBUS connectivity before you start installing your FieldEdge in the field.
- Connection to EtherNet/IP networks
- Endress+Hauser PROFIBUS Fieldgate SFG500
Following field devices are supported
- PROFIBUS DP
- PROFIBUS PA Devices via DP/PA links
- HART Devices via Remote I/Os
- Endress+Hauser WirelessHART Fieldgate SWG70
- All HART Devices with WirelessHART Adapter SWA70
- WirelessHART devices
- Endress+Hauser Fieldgate Ethernet SFG250 HART
- All HART Devices
Over the time more field gateways and Industrial Ethernet protocols will be supported.
All FieldEdge SGC500 configuration can be performed remotely via our Netilion web application.
Note: Connectivity to field devices or field gateway is only supported within the configured subnet. Subnetting is not supported.
SGC500 can be connected with the Field LAN port to a EtherNet/IP network as an explicit messaging client. Although Netilion assets are created for all scanned EtherNet/IP devices in the network, Netilion Health and Netilion Value is supported for Endress+Hauser devices.
EtherNet/IP connectivity must be enabled in the Netilion Edge Device configuration in the netilion.endress.com web application.
Endress+Hauser PROFIBUS Fieldgate SFG500
If you are using an Endress+Hauser PROFIBUS Fieldgate SFG500 and desire to connect it with an FieldEdge, following steps have be to considered:
- Firmware version 1.10.03-03624 (April 30th 2019)or higher must be installed.
You can download the latest firmware from http://www.endress.com/sfg500 under “Documents / Manuals / Software” in the “Configuration Software” group.
- Fieldgate SFG500 must be equipped with the optional Fieldgate Module SFM500 http://www.endress.com/sfm500.
When you have connected the Fieldgate SFG500 to the FieldEdge (see below), following devices are accessible:
- PROFIBUS DP devices
(except devices for which the SFG500 cannot read a serial number, such as DP/V0 devices without I&M support)
- PROFIBUS PA devices
- connected to Siemens DP/PA link or
- connected to Pepperl+Fuchs segment coupler SK3
- HART devices connected to following Remote I/Os
- ABB S900
- Siemens ET200M, ET200iSP, ET200SP
- Stahl IS1+
- Turck excom
- P+F LB8109, LB8106
SFG500 Field Topology
Each SFG500 must be added and configured in the netilion.endress.com web application.
If you decide to purchase an SFG500, you can do it here. Login with your account or as guest and search for "SFG500".
Endress+Hauser WirelessHART Gateway Fieldgate SWG70
Prerequisites for use of SWG70 with an FieldEdge SGC500 are:
- In a SWG70 with Modbus connectivity, firmware version 03.00.05 or higher must be installed.
- In a SWG70 with EtherNet/IP connectivity, firmware version 02.00.03 or higher must be installed.
The latest firmware can be downloaded from http://www.endress.com/swg70 under “Documents / Manuals / Software” in the “Programmes” group.
When you have connected the Fieldgate SWG70 to the FieldEdge, following devices are accessible:
- WirelessHART devices
- HART devices with WirelessHART Adapter (SWA70)
SWG70 Field Topology
Each SWG70 must be added and configured in the netilion.endress.com web application.
Note: SWG70 HART Address (default is 0) and SWG70 port (default is 5094) must be properly set.
If you decide to purchase a SWG70, you can do it here. Login with your account or as guest and search for "SWG70".
Endress+Hauser Fieldgate SFG250 HART
Prerequisites for use of SFG250 with the FieldEdge SGC500 are:
- "HART over IP" must be enabled in the SFG250 isNet Lite head module protocols menu.
- Set the Master Mode as required for your network
- Set Operational Mode (default is "single drop")
- Polling must be enabled
Each SFG250 must be added and configured in the netilion.endress.com web application.